Friday, May 31, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
1. This is me saying I have everything, 2x2 made with squirrel and reuse
2. Field Journals from Warner Elementary Frist/ Shelby Bottoms Workshop
3. Art from The Dirt of our Landscape, The Landscape of our Dirt
4.Backdrop to Ricky Skaggs in String City
5. Taxi with farm animals part Ricky Skaggs in String City
6. Esther on a old train road at Piney River Trail
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
So I am a busy girl, or am going to be a busy girl.
Here is the list....
2. World Refugee Day with The Frist Center for the Visual Arts and Oasis Center. What is it about you say....TRASH. Yep, trash and community and most importantly Art. The Artist Vik Muniz is coming to the Frist in June and we are going to emulate his work Garbage Matters but with our own twist. We will pick up trash from our own streets, learn about recycling, talk about what it is to be a refugee and how to combine all that into a masterpieces of art. Can't wait to share more as it evolves. I can't wait to work with kids at the Oasis Center.
So those are my big projects for the summer, hoping to make lots of art also!
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
So REmake Art was the next step. REmake Art is about using REcycling education to make Art. Through workshops and outreach; artist, educators and students learn the importance of supporting sustainable art methods and methodology.
Okay, simply put it is about learning to REcycle and REuse in our lives and in our Art. Art can teach us how to look for more sustainable options around us.
Yep, I am a dork and love recycling and I can't wait to share my art and silly recycling ideas with you.